Terrain and environmental features of localities
First of all, we find the treasure, surrounded by the German Civil Code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch BGB), in Section 984 under the heading and the keyword treasure find: If something that has been hidden for so long that the owner can no longer be determined (treasure) is discovered and as a result In possession of the discovery, half of the property is acquired by the discoverer and half by the owner of the thing in which the treasure was hidden.
“Locations of legendary treasures have their own beauty and a deep value” – treasure hunter quote.
The best example of this is the gold treasure from Eberswalde, the owner of which hid this thing almost 3,000 years ago and can no longer be identified today. Today the Gustav-Hirsch-Platz house is located at the place where the treasure was found in D-16227 Eberswalde, Finow district (Oberbarnim). The Finowtal, as part of the landscape of the Eberswalder glacial valley, is considered to be the cradle of the
“Comparative Latebralogy – Treasure Trovecy – Archaeological Hiding Research”
Brandenburg industry. From 1700 onwards, several industrial estates were built here on the canalized lower reaches of the Finow from 1605 to 1620, including the brass factory founded in 1698. Its owner was Gustav Hirsch in 1863, who received and expanded the housing estate, as did his successors, Aaron Hirsch and Siegmund Hirsch. During excavation work for a residential building, the gold treasure was discovered on May 16, 1913, at a depth of one meter. An employee of the Hirsch Kupfer- und Messingwerke AG came across something hard while digging, namely a bulbous clay jug with a lid. He lifted the pot out of the ground, and when he saw it sparkling, he said: “You have dug an old pot with brass.” There was no sparkle of brass, but the clay jug contained eight golden bowls filled with 73 golden ones Pieces. This find had rested here in hiding since the Bronze Age. At that time its value was estimated at 20,000 Reichsmarks and would be many times higher today.
Find treasure hiding = understand (implicit motives + topography)
The 2.6 kg treasure made of pure gold is unlikely to go on sale, because in 1945 the Red Army borrowed it from the Berlin Museum as looted art. In 1913, Aaron Hirsch, the owner of the site, used his landline phone and called the Berlin museum director Carl Schuchhardt. He was deeply impressed when he looked at this find, which Aaron Hirsch wanted to give him for the museum. But what was the difference between Kaiser Wilhelm II and God? Our answer is a hundred years old: God knows everything and the emperor knows everything better. Wilhelm II had the treasure presented to him and was thrilled, so Aaron Hirsch put the find at his disposal. A newspaper asked pretty boldly about the rights of the workers involved because at that time the legal environment mentioned at the beginning already applied, according to which half of the treasure belonged to the finder and half to the property owner. Aaron Hirsch paid the foreman 6,000 Reichsmarks in cash to avoid quarrels and arguments, the worker standing next to him received 3,000 RM and all other people who had been digging on the construction site received a thousand each. First, Aaron Hirsch exhibited the treasure in Eberswalde, thereby turning his brass works into a tourist attraction for a few weeks before the treasure was brought to the Berlin Museum of Prehistory and Early History. At least a replica can be seen there today. Another gold treasure was in agricultural arable land near Biesenbrow in the Uckermark. 200 gold coins had already come to light here before 1900 while ploughing and harrowing. Four of them became showpieces in the Berlin coin cabinet, the remaining 196 ended up in the melting pot. In 2012, a targeted search was made on the 400 x 800 m site, and everything that could still be found was found, says archaeologist Felix Biermann. He believes that Germanic peoples who fled in the 6th century hid the gold coins on the way in the then empty and bare landscape. His team found eight gold coins, of which one with the head of the Merovingian King Theudebert is the rarest piece with an estimated value of 50,000 euros.
The search coil needs the approximate location. These locations require good empathy
- a treasure hunter quote
The hoard found of Neupotz, also known as the barbarian treasure, was brought to light during gravel extraction in an arm of the old Rhine near Neupotz between 1967 and 1997 by a floating grab excavator and belongs to the owners of the gravel works. The find, consisting of 1,062 individual pieces with a total weight of over 700 kg, is considered the largest find in Europe from Roman times. Its owners left the hoard to the Historical Museum in Speyer as a permanent loan.